Learn how SIOP® can be used as an effective teaching model for two-way immersion or dual-language programs. Participants gain an in-depth understanding of the components of the SIOP® Model and strategies to implement it in their two-way immersion or dual-language schools and classrooms. They gain practical skills to collaborate, share, and implement lesson plans that incorporate the eight components and thirty features of SIOP in order to teach content while developing students’ academic and social language. This workshop addresses Cultural Responsive Teaching, including cultural objectives in addition to the content and language objectives. SIOP® is the optimal approach to use since it focuses on teaching subjects in either language as students learn content through a new language.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Receive an in-depth introduction to SIOP® and its components and features as they relate to two-way immersion or dual language.
• Observe and practice each of the eight components with a special focus on two key features including modifications for cultural objectives, known to be important in two-way immersion settings.
• Develop an understanding of how SIOP® and Two-Way Immersion is incorporated into lesson planning.
• Explore research-based practices for teaching English Learners, including speaking, listening, reading and writing in both English and the native language.
• Build a sample lesson using SIOP®.
School and District Administrators, School Leaders, Coaches and
Specialists, K–12 Educators, Staff Development Specialists
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
NUMBER OF DAYS: 3
Number of Participants: 30
Length: 18 Days
Product Name: SIOP® and Two-Way Immersion Training for Teachers 3-day
Invoice Title: SIOP13 2WY IMMRSN TRNG TCHRS 3DY
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card.