is designed to be more direct, less cluttered, and more accessible than today's complex core math textbook programs ... without sacrificing concepts, skills, or standards. Through a consistent, predictable two-page lesson structure MCP Mathematics
will help young children develop math mastery one skill or concept at a time. With MCP Mathematics,
your elementary teachers will be able to:
- Lay a strong foundation of math skills to better prepare students for math in the upper elementary grades.
- Enhance comprehension through direct step-by-step instruction.
- Promote understanding with traditional direct instruction through a drill and practice format.
- Make math concepts accessible to all striving learners, including English language learners, with a clean uncluttered design, simple text, and teacher support.
- Develop problem solving skills and strategies through a four-step strategy-See, Plan, Do, and Check.
- Prepare students for algebra with problems designed to promote algebraic thinking.