SIOP® Training for Teachers Virtual Professional Development: Learn SIOP® Teaching Practices Online
Let the training come to you! The SIOP® Training for Teachers Virtual Institute is a cost-effective and convenient way to learn about the scientifically validated SIOP® Model. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of how SIOP® works in content-area classrooms. Watch expert-led sessions right on your computer. Experience SIOP® classroom lessons, listen to SIOP® authors, and participate in an author Q&A live. It’s a powerful new learning model for educators with limited time or budget for travel.
Upcoming Dates & Locations
See All Dates & Register
Why the SIOP® Virtual Institute?
- Evidence-based Teaching Strategies developed with original Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP®) Model authors.
- Access to Experts and Authors through live expert-led sessions, author discussions on video, and a live author Q&A.
- Built-in Accountability through live sessions, lesson plan assignment, and online discussions.
- Learn, Apply, and Reflect instruction model promotes classroom practice with live sessions for questions and feedback.
About the SIOP® Model
Based on years of research, the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP®) Model is a scientifically validated framework for improving the academic achievement of English learners. Developed by Dr. Jana Echevarría, Dr. MaryEllen Vogt, and Dr. Deborah Short, the SIOP® Model assists thousands of educators, including administrators, specialists, coordinators, and teachers.
About the SIOP Virtual Institute
This four-week institute consists of 11 sessions in which participants complete a series of assignments on their own schedule, as well as meeting as a virtual group to collaborate, discuss, and share information with colleagues. The four live sessions are led by an expert in the topic and one session is devoted to a question and answer session with the authors.
SIOP® Training for Teachers Virtual Institute participants will gain practical skills to collaborate, share, and implement lessons. Learn to incorporate all eight components of the SIOP® Model in order to teach content while developing students’ academic and social language.
By the end of the institute participants will be able to:
- Understand the SIOP® Model and its effectiveness with English learners and all students
- Identify learning and instructional strategies that are appropriate for English learners
- Understand and practice the eight components of the SIOP® Model
- Learn how the SIOP® Model can be incorporated into lesson planning
- Write content and language objectives for sheltered instruction lessons
- Identify ways to increase student interaction in the classroom
- Identify techniques to review content and assess student understanding
- Observe and evaluate sheltered instruction lessons
Who Should Attend
- School & District Administrators
- Coaches & Specialists
- Classsroom Teachers (K-12)
- Staff Development Specialists
Registration for SIOP Training for Teachers Virtual Institute now includes a print copy of:
- Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model
The book will be shipped directly to the address you provide. With the text in hand, you will have the resources to put what you learn during the institute into practice in your classroom.
See All Dates & Register