Personalize learning with Mastering Physics
Mastering™ Physics is the leading online homework, tutorial, and engagement platform, designed to improve results by engaging students with powerful content. Instructors can assign interactive media before class to engage students and ensure they arrive ready to learn. Students also master concepts through book-specific Mastering Physics assignments, which provide hints and answer-specific feedback that build problem-solving skills. Learn more about Mastering Physics.
- Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules created for and by instructors model effective teaching strategies. The modules incorporate the best that the text, Mastering Physics, and Learning Catalytics have to offer and guide instructors through using these resources in the most effective way. The modules can be accessed through the Instructor Resources area of Mastering Physics and offer corresponding, customizable pre-built assignments. Watch our video to learn about Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules.
Prepare students for engagement in lecture with interactive media
- The Physics Primer relies on videos, hints, and feedback to refresh students’ math skills in the context of physics and prepares them for success in the course. These tutorials can be assigned before the course begins or throughout the course as just-in-time remediation. They ensure students practice and maintain their math skills, while tying together mathematical operations and physics analysis.
- What the Physics Videos bring new, relatable content to engage students with what they are learning and promote curiosity for natural phenomena. These short videos present visually stimulating physical phenomena and pause throughout to address misconceptions and ask conceptual questions about the physics at hand. The videos are embedded in the eText as well as assignable in Mastering Physics.Quantitative questions are also available for assignment.
Enhance understanding when students apply what they’ve learned
- Enhanced End-of-Chapter Questions feature problems based on real-world and biomedical situations and problems that expand the range of reasoning skills students need to use in the solution. Through Mastering Physics, questions and problems offer students instructional support right when they need it, including wrong-answer specific feedback, links to the eText, and math remediation when completing homework assignments.
- Direct Measurement Videos are short videos that show real situations of physical phenomena. Grids, rulers, and frame counters appear as overlays, helping students to make precise measurements of quantities such as position and time. Students then apply these quantities along with physics concepts to solve problems and answer questions about the motion of the objects in the video. . The problems are assignable in Mastering and can be used to replace or supplement traditional word problems, or as open-ended questions to help develop problem-solving skills.
Give students fingertip access to interactive tools
- Pearson eText, optimized for mobile, seamlessly integrates videos and other rich media with the text andgives students access to their textbook anytime, anywhere. Pearson eText is available with Mastering Physics when packaged with new books, or as an upgrade students can purchase online. The Pearson eText mobile app offers:
- Offline access on most iOS and Android phones/tablets.
- Accessibility (screen-reader ready)
- Configurable reading settings, including resizable type and night reading mode
- Instructor and student note-taking, highlighting, bookmarking, and search tools
- Embedded videos for a more interactive learning experience