A unique, student-friendly approach for Health Science students
Anatomy, Physiology & Disease presents anatomy and physiology in the context of a journey to keep students engaged and interested. New features include an exciting new chapter on biochemistry that helps students understand the relationship between chemistry and living organisms. Updated, full-color illustrations and additional micrographs and photos provide real-world examples for learners. Incorporating the latest research and clinical information, updated features include Amazing Body Facts, Clinical Application, and Pharmacology Corners. Hands-on activities at the end of each chapter reinforce what students are learning while supporting curriculum standards.
Streamlined chapters scaffold learning to make studying easier
- A clear, simple, writing style is punctuated with current, relevant examples to engage students.
- Pronunciation Guides, Learning Hints, and concise review summaries of key points help students learn challenging content.
- Coverage of Applied Science is integrated, instead of having a separate chemistry or physics chapter.
A strong focus on practice and application
- Clinical Applications boxes reinforce how chapter content knowledge is needed in clinical practice.
- Ray and Maria’s Stories case studies help illustrate the interrelatedness of what students are learning and how a disease affects a variety of body systems.
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Disease in Action hands-on activities at the end of each chapter put what students are learning into play while supporting curriculum standards.
- Integrated coverage and practice with Pathology and Pharmacology content includes Pathology Connection, which introduce common diseases in the context of the body system being taught, and Pharmacology Corner, which includes a variety of medications used in the treatment of diseases that are related to a given body system of the chapter.
Strong teaching and learning support
- The Teacher’s Wraparound Edition features customized instruction for more advanced, less advanced, special needs, at-risk, and ESOL students.
- The Digital eText enables 24/7 access to the Teacher and Student Editions, Test Bank, PowerPoint, and Answer Key files, facilitating streamlined course set-up, class prep, and instruction.