Features and Benefits
Real-life applications are drawn from a variety of occupational, technical, and vocational areas
- UPDATED! Since it is important that students learn math in the context of the ever-changing workplace, applications have been added and updated to reflect the latest in career and technical trades. Examples and practice problems are coded by occupation for easy identification.
- Applications pull from trades including: automotive, allied health, welding, plumbing, machine trades, carpentry, auto mechanics, HVAC, electrical trades, manufacturing, flooring and carpeting, general interest, general trades, life skills, trades management, and more.
- NEW! A Case Study, and accompanying video in the MyLab, at the end of each chapter delves into a real-world application, using many of the skills from that chapter to solve an extended problem.
Resources in the MyLab give students more opportunity to learn the skills in context
- NEW! Learning Catalytics questions are available for every section of the text. Available through MyLab Math, Learning Catalytics is an interactive student response tool that uses students’ smartphones, tablets, or laptops to engage them in more sophisticated tasks and thinking. Premade questions are noted in the margin at the start of each section, and can be assigned through Learning Catalytics.
- NEW! A trade application question library in MyLab Math provides instructors with an even bigger pool of applications questions to assign, giving a wide range of exercises applied to relevant industries and trades.
- NEW! An updated video program now includes new Case Study videos to complement the new Case Studies in the text, walking students through the process of solving the real-life application.
Also available with MyLab Math
MyLab™ Math is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab Math personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. Learn more about MyLab Math.
Reach every student with MyLab
- Deliver trusted content: You deserve teaching materials that meet your own high standards for your course. That’s why we partner with highly respected authors to develop interactive content and course-specific resources that you can trust–and that keep your students engaged.
- Empower each learner: Each student learns at a different pace. Personalized learning pinpoints the precise areas where each student needs practice, giving all students the support they need–when and where they need it–to be successful.
- Teach your course your way: Your course is unique. So whether you’d like to build your own assignments, teach multiple sections, or set prerequisites, MyLab gives you the flexibility to easily create your course to fit your needs.
- Improve student results: When you teach with MyLab, student performance often improves. That’s why instructors have chosen MyLab for over 15 years, touching the lives of over 50 million students.