Delve into the Response to Intervention (RtI) process during this workshop, developed with the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP®) Model authors Dr. Jana Echevarría and Dr. MaryEllen Vogt using their best-selling research-based book Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP® Model. Focus on specific considerations for English learners (ELs) while identifying research-based interventions that are appropriate for ELs and learning how to compare language differences with language and learning disabilities. Participants receive Response to Intervention (RtI) and English Learners: Making It Happen to support implementation when they return to their schools.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Define RtI and its role in the education of ELs.
• Identify challenges of effective progress monitoring for ELs.
• Explain how the SIOP® Model supports Tier 1 instruction for ELs.
• Identify specific literacy development issues for ELs.
• Compare and contrast effective Tier 2 and Tier 3 assessments and interventions for ELs.
• Generate ideas for overcoming barriers and implementing an effective RtI process.
District Administrators, School Leaders, Coaches, Specialists
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
NUMBER OF DAYS: 2
Number of Participants: 30
Length: 12 Days
Product Name: SIOP®: RTI for English Learners 2-day
Invoice Title: RTI FOR EL:2 DAY DISTRICT TRAINING
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card.