Children love to be read aloud to by teachers and parents. Read Together, Talk Together makes that special time together even more effective through an interactive reading technique developed by Grover J. Whitehurst called dialogic reading. Dialogic reading is a shared, picture book reading experience in which adults read to children, prompt them with questions, expand on their answers and praise their storytelling abilities. It is appropriate for children ages 2 to 5 and is available in English and Spanish.
Read Together, Talk Together:
- Builds vocabulary and delights children using carefully selected children's picture books
- Enriches and expands children's language and emergent literacy skills as they read and reread wonderful children's books
- Helps teachers and parents have conversations about books with children
- Involves children as active participants to ensure stronger language development
- Enables parents to read aloud with their children at home
- Provides busy teachers everything they need at two different levels