Developed with literacy expert and author Enrique Puig, the Literacy Leadership Team and Response to Intervention (RtI) program goes beyond the basic ideas of literacy coaching to help K–12 districts and schools set up an effective literacy leadership team, use the leadership team in a successful RtI system, and enhance collaboration in the RtI process. This two-day workshop provides a practical approach to building a literacy leadership team and aligning the roles of the literacy coach and the leadership team in a successful system.
OUTCOMES: By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of the literacy leadership team in an RtI model.
- Understand conditions for learning in a classroom.
- Understand literacy learning as a process to support data analysis and ensure appropriate instruction.
- Investigate the role of the literacy coach.
- Redefine literacy coaching on a continuum of professional learning.
- Discuss three major categories for literacy coaching.
- Review a solution-seeking investigative cycle.
- Develop a school-wide plan.
District Administrators, School Leaders, Literacy Coaches
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
Product Name: The Literacy Leadership Team and Response to Intervention
Invoice Title: LITERACY LEADERSHIP & RTI AD
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card.