Features and Benefits
- Emphasizing the harmonious nature of the reading and writing processes, it highlights critical thinking and reinforces its relationship to these processes.
- Student and professional readings are presented at the start of each chapter and used as the basis for instruction, illustration, and practice.
- Readings are presented as integrated instructional material, rather than as models or additional practice, allowing students to improve on their own reading and writing skills through a single source.
- Thematic-based chapters help build continuity, elicit student interest and help students draw on their own prior knowledge.
- McWhorter’s streamlined presentation and flexible approach work as a supplemental or core resource for reading and writing intervention for high school students.