Strengthen written, oral, and graphic communication in a career-based environment
Careers in the global economy require individuals to be creative and have a strong background in computer and technology applications, a strong and solid academic foundation, and a proficiency in professional oral and written communication.
Professional Communications equips students with fundamental skills for a career in the modern, mobile workplace. With comprehensive coverage of writing, listening, and presentation strategies in a contemporary context, this text balances basic business English, communication approaches, and the latest technology in one accessible volume.
Prepare your students to communicate in today's workplace
Chapter content, examples, and engaging activities help your students develop career and life skills, including:
- Communicating in today's digital, social, and mobile world
- Collaboration, interpersonal skills, and business etiquette
- Planning and writing business messages
- Crafting messages for digital channels
- Planning and writing business reports and presentations.
- Career exploration and research, cover letter writing, and resume writing and design
- Using job search tools, as well as applying and interviewing for a job
- Bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies, digital fluency, and digital citizenship.
Equip students for the new reality of mobile communications and other emerging trends, including:
- Comprehensive coverage of mobile business communication including mobile etiquette
- Visual examples and figures of business communication, including mobile and social media illustrations.
- Activities and exercises focused on mobile exchanges help students become acclimated to business etiquette and expectations across digital channels.
Streamlined chapter design to scaffold learning and make studying easier
- Curriculum aligned to the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge Skills) And AACSB Learning Standards ensures rich learning experiences across a range of key skills. The American Association of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is a non-for-profit corporation devoted to higher standards in business education.
- Clear objectives open every chapter, highlighting core principles to come
- Bold key vocabulary terms with marginal definitions support acquisition of important academic language.
- Reinforcing resources include "Test Your Knowledge," "Apply Your Knowledge," "Practice Your Skills," and "Expand Your Skills" elements.
Streamline course set-up, class prep, and instruction with a Digital eText.
- 24/7 access to Digital eTexts of the Teacher and Student editions, as well as accompanying Test Bank and PowerPoint files.
- One-click navigation to TEKS aligned content. Use the Digital eText, Student and Teacher Editions, to quickly jump from the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills standards (TEKS) directly to the content in the eText that fulfills that standard.
- Compatible with Thin Common Cartridge to facilitate single sign-on integration and rostering.