This program helps educators in grades K–5 and 6-8 teach math equitably to all students by adapting mathematics instruction based on student needs, supporting learning for culturally and linguistically diverse populations, and making mathematics instruction engaging for all students, including English learners.
OUTCOMES: By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Make mathematical tasks worthwhile and engaging for all students.
- Develop a rich understanding of differentiated instruction to adapt mathematics instruction to meet student needs.
- Implement the use of flexible grouping and use of ongoing assessments in a mathematics lesson.
- Support purposeful struggle and identify common misconceptions in mathematics as opportunities for learning.
- Incorporate prevention strategies from the multi-tiered approach of Response to Intervention (RtI) in K–5 and 6-8 mathematics classrooms.
- Support mathematics learning for English language learners.
Math Directors and Coordinators, Math Coaches, K–5 Math Educators, 6-8 Math Educators, Intervention Specialists
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
Product Name: Strategies for Differentiating Mathematics Instruction: Grades K-8
Invoice Title: Differentiating Math Instruction delvrd
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card.