This one-day workshop takes the embedded differentiated instruction strategies found within the program, considers example student data, and combines them to create examples of personalized learning plans. This workshop also examines the implementation of those plans along with several other plans simultaneously.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Create a personalized learning plan using Reading Street™ materials, and understand strategies for carrying out several personalized learning plans simultaneously.
• Determine the appropriate assessment for desired data and interpret assessment data to inform the instructional decisionmaking process.
• Determine appropriate activities to support student progress.
• Identify oral language opportunities in Reading Street™.
• Develop and implement a plan to maximize oral language development for students.
• Define the keys of Understanding by Design®, such as conceptual understanding and transfer of knowledge, and be able to implement Understanding by Design® strategies as a means to enhance longterm and transferable learning for students.
Educators, Literacy Coaches, Reading and Intervention Specialists, Curriculum Developers
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
NUMBER OF DAYS: 1
Number of Participants: 30
Length: 6 Hours
Product Name: Reading Street ©2011: Differentiating Instruction
Invoice Title: RD ST 11 PERS LRNG PLANS 1 DAY
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card.