In this one-day workshop, participants explore the different types of assessment used in the classroom, how each strategy impacts student learning, and how to active the assessment strategies embedded in the Investigations program. This workshop allows participants to examine student work and respond to work samples as it relates to students’ understanding of mathematical concepts. At the end of this workshop, participants will be familiar with many different strategies. NOTE: For districts that plan to implement the Common Core State Standards, those assessment strategies will be addressed.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Describe the assessment opportunities within the Investigations program.
• Demonstrate strategies that will increase instruction effectiveness and increase student learning within all parts of a lesson.
• Analyze student samples and the criteria that are embedded in the program to evaluate these samples and describe strategies to enhance student achievement.
• Establish clear and consistent messages about what level of performance demonstrates college and career readiness.
• Discuss strategies for establishing longitudinal data that helps students stay on target by monitoring their performance from the elementary grades through college.
Target Audience :
Educators, Instructional Coaches, Administrators, Paraprofessionals
Number of Participants : 30
Number of days : 1
Number of Participants: 30
Length: 6 Hours
Product Name: Investigations in Number, Data, and Space ©2012: Using Student Assessment to Drive Instruction
Invoice Title: INV12 USE ASMNT DRV INSTRCTN
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card.