From rubrics to skill checklists, there is an assessment to help monitor student progress in every situation. This one-day session focuses on the Good Habits, Great Readers™ assessment tools. Teachers learn the purpose of each tool as well as how to determine which assessment is appropriate for specific instruction. Educators have the opportunity to practice with the assessment cards provided for each grade level for ongoing observational and informal assessment.
For districts that plan to implement the Common Core State Standards, those assessment strategies will be addressed.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Characterize the different forms of assessment included in Good Habits, Great Readers™.
- Describe how to use Benchmark Expectations.
- Demonstrate how to assess using the assessment rubrics.
- Implement a Running Record assessment in the classroom.
- Explore the assessment checklists in Good Habits, Great Readers™.
- Create a plan for determining how and when to use each assessment for particular situations.
Educators, Literacy Coaches, Reading and Intervention Specialists, Administrators, Curriculum Developers
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
NUMBER OF DAYS: 1
Number of Participants: 30
Length: 6 Hours
Product Name: Good Habits, Great Readers ©2009: Which assessment when?
Invoice Title: GHGR WHICH ASSESSMENT WHEN
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card.