Leading for Understanding: Leadership Network 4-day†
Effective support for classroom implementation of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) asks school and district leaders to develop a lens for the learning continuum, pedagogical strategies, and the ongoing Instructional Planning Workgroups. Quarterly Leadership Network Meetings bring principals and assistant principals together to develop a shared understanding of practice and review the “look-fors” that support students to develop the College and Career Readiness Competencies and meet the expectations for performance as defined by the CCSS. Districts or groups are encouraged to use Leadership Networks.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Calibrate an understanding of the evidence of indicators and criteria in the CCSS “look-fors.”
- Understand the role of interim and culminating performance tasks in a unit of instruction.
- Analyze student work for evidence of understanding and meeting the CCSS.
- Observe a video of teacher practice to identify evidence of indicators and criteria of “look-fors.
- Explore feedback based on evidence of practice.
Number of Participants: 30
Length: 24 Days
Product Name: Leading for Understanding: Leadership Network 4-day
Invoice Title: CC12 LDRSHP NTWK 4DY
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card.