Social Studies Express is a K-2 supplemental activity-based program designed to support your daily social studies instruction and literacy and comprehension strategies of the Common Core State Standards.
This low-cost alternative program engages students through dynamic hands-on activities and interactive technology. The program is designed to facilitate meaningful social studies instruction in the time you have available.
The program also:
- Reduces teach preparation and classroom time
- Engages students through authentic learning and assessment
- Aligns to the Common Core Standards and College, Career, and Civic Life Framework.
- Provides hand-on fun activities and skills support
- Specializes in covering topics that represent core subject matter and effectively covers social studies content
Program components include:
- a Teacher’s Guide with robust activities, writing prompts, rubrics, and answers
- a collection of leveled content readers including the new Thinking Like a Citizen readers – a storybook series designed to introduce K-2 students to civics, economics, geography, and history
- an online Social Studies Express OLE library including topic specific:
- lesson plans
- interactive whiteboard activities
- digital versions of the program’s print materials
- images and much more!
- a class set of 32 consumable Student Journals