Features and Benefits
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Physics Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. Now providing a more interactive and seamlessly integrated experience, the eText provides embedded links to video tutorials and end-of-chapter questions within Mastering Physics. Learn more about Mastering Physics.
Help students build a foundation across the sciences with an integrated approach
- New and Revised - Integrated Science sections in every chapter, and at the end of each part, show how foundational ideas in science connect the different sciences. Added visuals accompany this feature, and end-of-chapter questions are tied to the sections and assignable within Mastering Physics.
- Expanded - Think Integrated Science questions at the end of each chapter tie in more closely with the chapter content.
Make science relevant with contemporary applications
- Revised and Updated - Technology boxes present contemporary and relevant applications that connect science with students’ everyday lives. New topics include Genome Editing with CRISPR-Cas9, Wind Power and Global Winds, and Thermal Windows and Glassware.
- Revised - FYI marginal notes provide a more applied focus with information relevant to today’s students.
Enhance student understanding using effective pedagogy
- The Insights marginal notes provide interesting facts and pedagogical aids.
- “Check Yourself” questions and answers throughout the text help students gauge their level of comprehension as they read. Students can also interact with Check Yourself questions in the eText and access the hide/reveal questions and answers.
- Boxed and Pedagogical features are all presented in a flexible format that allows professors to pick and choose content to use in their courses.
Reach every student with Mastering
Teach your course your way: Your course is unique. So whether you’d like to build your own auto-graded assignments, foster student engagement during class, or give students anytime, anywhere access, Mastering gives you the flexibility to easily create your course to fit your needs.
- With Learning Catalytics, you’ll hear from every student when it matters most. You pose a variety of questions that help students recall ideas, apply concepts, and develop critical-thinking skills. Your students respond using their own smartphones, tablets, or laptops. You can monitor responses with real-time analytics and find out what your students do – and don’t –understand. Then, you can adjust your teaching accordingly, and even facilitate peer-to-peer learning, helping students stay motivated and engaged. Learning Catalytics includes prebuiltquestionsfor topics in Conceptual Integrated Science, 3rd Edition.
Empower each learner: Each student learns at a different pace. Personalized learning, including adaptive tools and wrong-answer feedback, pinpoints the precise areas where each student needs practice and gives all students the support they need – when and where they need it – to be successful.
- Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience available within Mastering. It allows students to easily highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place–even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it.
- Deliver trusted content: We partner with highly respected authors to develop interactive content and course-specific resources that keep students on track and engaged.
- New and Updated - Enhanced end-of-chapter questions provide personalized feedback when and where students need it, including links to the eText, tutorials, and wrong-answer feedback for homework assignments.
- Video tutorials include screencasts created by the authors to help students arrive in class prepared. These video lessons complement chapter material by giving students the context they need to read with greater understanding. In the eText, students can access and view by clicking on the video icon.
Improve student results: When you teach with Mastering, student performance often improves. That’s why instructors have chosen Mastering for over 15 years, touching the lives of over 20 million students. Learn more in this case study.