Write Time, Write Place complements writing and grammar instruction with carefully selected, academically-oriented readings and activities that will encourage students to read, think critically, and write at a college level. Author, Mimi Markus, underscores the importance of college-level writing, and readies students for these demands while improving their writing skills.
High-interest material from a wealth of academic areas exposes students to the types of readings they will encounter in their college-level courses.
• Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter give students an overview of what they will accomplish
• A variety of readings from student, media, and academic sources
• Academic and student examples provide models
• ELL/ESL instruction seamlessly woven into the student and teacher’s text
• Writing assignments move beyond personal writing