Does Your Teacher Evaluation Process Improve Teaching Effectiveness and Student Achievement?
This one-day leadership development training from Pearson and Johns Hopkins University helps school and district leaders understand and implement a research-based approach to teacher evaluations. The program helps instructional leaders evaluate teacher performance accurately, consistently and efficiently, and use the evaluation results to guide purposeful conversations with teachers about their instructional practices.
OUTCOMES: By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand how a systematic evaluation process helps change teaching practices and improve student learning
- Implement rigorous, transparent and fair evaluations based on indicators of effective teaching
- Ensure consistent and fair evaluations across different observers, settings and teachers
- Use formal and informal evaluation data to identify opportunities for instructional improvement and personalize professional development
- Create an action plan for building- or district-level implementation
School and District Leaders
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30