Mathematics educators gain an in-depth understanding of the components of the SIOP® Model and strategies to implement it in their classrooms using the best-selling, research-based book Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP® Model in this multiday workshop. In addition to the SIOP® Model text, participants receive the SIOP® Training for Math Teachers workbook to support their implementation of the model upon returning to their schools.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Explain the SIOP® Model and its effectiveness with English learners and all students.
• Implement the components and features of the SIOP® Model.
• Observe and practice each of the eight components.
• Incorporate the SIOP® Model into lesson planning.
• Build a sample lesson using SIOP®.
K–12 Educators, District Administrators, School Leaders, Coaches
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
NUMBER OF DAYS: 3
Your opinion is important! Do you want more or less ability to customize your Pearson instructional materials; and, should they be more or less digital?