This virtual institute is a cost-effective and schedule-friendly way to build educators’ SIOP® knowledge and expand implementation in schools or districts. Participants learn the SIOP® Model through live, expert-led sessions; access to the eText Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP® Model; classroom lessons on video; SIOP® author discussions on video; and a live author Q&A. This four-week institute consists of eleven sessions in which participants complete a series of assignments on their own schedule and meet as a virtual group to collaborate, discuss, and share information with their colleagues. Participants gain practical skills to implement lessons that teach content while developing students’ academic and social language.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Explain the SIOP® Model and its effectiveness with English learners and all students.
• Identify learning and instructional strategies that are appropriate for English learners.
• Implement the components and features of the SIOP® Model.
• Incorporate the SIOP® Model into lesson planning.
• Observe and evaluate sheltered instruction lessons.
TARGET AUDIENCE: School and District Administrators, Coaches and Specialists, K–12 Educators, Staff Development Specialists
NUMBER OF PARtICIPANTS: Up to 50
NUMBER OF DAYS: 11 sessions over 4 weeks