This three-day training gives educators an in-depth understanding of the components of the SIOP® Model and strategies to implement it in their schools and classrooms. Educators gain practical skills to collaborate, share, and implement lesson plans that incorporate all eight components and thirty features of SIOP® in order to teach content while developing students’ academic and social language.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Explain eight factors that affect second-language acquisition.
• Identify the components and features of the SIOP® Model.
• Observe and practice each of the eight components.
• Incorporate the SIOP® Model into lesson planning.
• Build a sample lesson using SIOP®.
School and District Administrators, Coaches and Specialists, K–12 Educators, Staff Development Specialists
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
NUMBER OF DAYS: 3