This two-day, job-embedded coaching cycle models effective implementation of CMP2. This offering may be used to support new teachers, expand instructional knowledge for experienced teachers, or provide a professional development opportunity for staff members. An experienced educational consultant supports two teachers during the two-day cycle. Research has proven that coaching and modeling improves results in instructional practices.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
• Analyze data from multiple sources, including CMP2 assessments, to identify student needs and set instructional goals.
• Anticipate student misconceptions and develop a plan to address the misconceptions.
• Use a gradual-release model that includes consultant demonstration, structured and guided practice through co-teaching, independent practice, and reflective feedback as a vehicle for analysis of CMP2 lessons and instructional improvement.
• Have a deeper understanding of the instructional philosophy, mathematical content, lesson structure, and assessment features of the CMP2 curriculum.
• Develop a deeper understanding of the ways to implement best practices and mathematical conceptual learning.
Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Curriculum
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 2