This two-day, job-embedded coaching cycle models effective implementation of the My Sidewalks program. The fi rst day of the session includes model teaching, a teacher debrief, refl ection on implementation, and planning for the following day. On the second day, the teacher delivers the lesson, followed by a debrief and refl ection that leads to additional instructional planning. The educational consultant supports two teachers each day during the two days.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
• Analyze data from multiple sources, including My Sidewalks assessments, to identify student needs, set instructional goals, and determine fl exible grouping.
• Describe appropriate My Sidewalks priority skills and program components to meet student needs.
• Anticipate student misconceptions and develop a plan to address the misconceptions.
• Select a method of implementation for the lesson (following a gradual-release model).
• Use a gradual-release model that includes consultant demonstration, structured and guided practice through co-teaching, independent practice, and refl ective feedback as a vehicle for analysis of My Sidewalks lessons and instructional improvement.
• Engage in a collaborative discussion about lesson strengths, student responses, and lingering student misconceptions.
Elementary Teachers, Interventionists, Literacy Coaches
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 2