Sorry - Our servers are experiencing difficulties. We apologize for any issues you have been experiencing. We're still working to fix our servers, so please excuse any ongoing problems.
Developmental Reading Assessment®, 2nd Edition PLUS (DRA2+)
Features and Benefits
Effectively evaluate each student’s reading ability with a research-based assessment with demonstrated reliability and validity.
- Development of the DRA2 was based on what educators and the extant research literature identified as being key characteristics and behaviors of good readers. The DRA2 is based upon a number of premises which were drawn from a variety of sources including the research literature concerning reading development and instruction.
- The following reliability analyses were conducted on DRA2: (1) Internal Consistency Reliability, (2) Passage Equivalency, (3) Test-Retest Reliability, and (4) Inter-Rater and Expert Rater Reliabilities.
- DRA2 is a valid measurement of accuracy, fluency, and comprehension as evidenced by the following validity measurements: (1) Criterion-Related Validity, (2) Construct Validity, and (3) Content Validity.
Give educators the tools they need to observe and document student reading abilities as well as inform instructional practice.
- Determine each student’s independent (or instructional) level with an evaluation of three components of reading: reading engagement, oral reading fluency, and comprehension
- Quickly determine student’s instructional needs with the completed Continuum. Based on those needs, teachers create a plan documenting what each student needs to learn next with the Focus for Instruction. Once the assessment is complete, teachers can used this information to differentiate instruction and create instructional groups.
- Obtain more in-depth information with DRA Word Analysis, included with DRA2 K-3. This diagnostic assessment provides educators with a systematic means to observe how struggling and emerging readers attend to and work with various components of spoken and written words.
Easily analyze data, communicate results, and group students with powerful report available on paper and electronically.
- Determine proficiency and document change over time with a book graph form that enables educators to monitor student reading progress over time, confirm ongoing observations, and track them compared to benchmarks.
- Group students for instruction using a class profile form that shows how the class is doing as a whole by reading level and Focus for Instruction areas.
- Share results with administrators, parents, and students with the following reports:
- Student Book Graph monitors students’ reading level progress across their school years. A shaded area represents below-grade-level performance, so students’ proficiency over time can also be tracked.
- Class Reporting Form records students’ DRA2 text levels and scores for Reading Engagement, Oral Reading Fluency, and Comprehension.
- Focus for Instruction: Class Profile enables teachers to easily group students for instruction based on specific needs.
- Student Assessment Folder provides storage and longitudinal monitoring of an individual student’s progress. Store DRA2 forms inside this folder. Printed on the folder is a record of the student’s DRA2 assessments, Student Book Graph, and fiction and nonfiction results.
- Provide a secure environment for educators to archive and manage student assessment results over time, review student data that is calculated, and retrieve student data for a variety of purposes with DRA2 Online. Once DRA2 data is entered into DRA2 Online by teachers, the information is available at school and district levels. All the reports provided in the paper forms are created by DRA2 Online with a click of a button.
- Use the latest technology – the smarter, better, and faster solution – for administering DRA2, communicating its results, and differentiating instruction: The DRA2 App for iPads doesn't just archive, manage and report results, but is also used during the administration of the assessment. Thus, the DRA2 app saves time, eliminates paperwork (And the expense of photocopying) and ensures consistent administration.
At Pearson we continue to focus on your needs and on improving our customers' online experience. We invite you to complete the survey below, and greatly appreciate your input as a valued customer of Pearson.
It will only take a minute or two to complete. Your responses are confidential and for research purposes only.
Take the survey now!
Take the Survey
And what we're doing to protect your privacy.