FLVS has received numerous state, national, and international awards, including:
- 2010 Best Practices in Distance Learning Programming Award
- CODiE Award for Best Virtual School
- Better Government Competition Award
- EdNet Pioneer Award
- USDLA 21st Century Awards Best Practices in Distance Learning
- Speak Up 100 School (NetDay)
- Chief Learning Officer, Pam Birtolo, wins Wagner Award
- FLVS Wins EdNet's Impact Award
- USDLA 21st Century Best Practices Award
- USDLA Gold Award for Exemplary Online Teaching
- “Excellence in IT Leadership for Central Florida” award from ITFlorida, a not-for-profit membership organization representing Florida's diverse information technology communities.
- Finalist - EdNET HERO Awards are given to the organizations having made the most significant positive impact on education through educational technology and telecommunications. Although the top award was given to NASA's Center for Distance Learning, FLVS was honored to be included as one of the top 3 finalists in the nation for the award and to be named beside such prestigious organizations as NASA.
- FLVS was named one of the web Smart 50 top organizations by BusinessWeek magazine. The November 24, 2003 issue of the magazine named FLVS in the "cutting edge" category.
- FLVS and two of its staff were recognized by the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) for excellence in programming and teaching, and for individual accomplishment in the field of distance learning. This is the third time within four consecutive years that FLVS has been recognized by the USDLA for its quality of service and commitment to the distance learning field.
- Dr. Dhyana Ziegler, FLVS Board Member and assistant vice president of instructional technology at Florida A&M was named "One of the 50 Most Important African Americans in Technology" for the second year in a row.
- 2002 - The Global Alliance for Transnational Education (GATE) "Medallion of the Alliance" award to FLVS President and Chief Executive Officer, Julie Young
- 2000 - Canadian Association for Distance Education Award of Excellence
- 1999 - SouthEast Initiatives Regional Technology in Education Consortium (SEIR*TEC) for schools that have demonstrated best practices in instructional technology.