Introduction to Short Story and Fiction
• A collection of carefully chosen, interesting stories with literary merit intended to ignite students’ curiosity, imagination, and intelligence.
• Diverse selections, including three graphic novels, illustrate the development of short fiction from the early 19th century to the present day.
• Also available packaged with The Readers Guide to the Short Story to help scaffold instruction for reading and writing fiction.
• Questions for Study accompany each story and invite students to think about and interpret what they have just read.
• Short story handbook provides students with a comprehensive, at-hand glossary for studying literature.
• Chronologically organized Table of Contents Presented at the back of the text offers flexibility for students and teachers.