Features and Benefits
The Idea of America program is perfect for the Teacher who...
- Teaches mostly on-level or above-level students
- Believes that the purpose of teaching American history is the civic mission of inspiring and preparing students for active citizenship
- Views American history as an ongoing “great debate” over the proper balance between essential values and ideals
- Wants an activity-based program that is entirely digital and web-based
- Would be interested in a case study approach with many personal in-depth stories
- Prefers a mix of chronological and thematic case studies rather than mostly chronological
- Would be interested in a document-based, inquiry approach
- Wants a program that delivers perspectives and analysis from more than 20 leading American Historians.