The best in AP chemistry!
Trusted, innovative, and calibrated, Chemistry: The Central Science has been the leader in AP chemistry for over a decade. The new Twelfth Edition is the program’s most ambitious revision to date—every word and piece of art has been scrutinized for effectiveness by all five authors.
Based on abundant data culled from MasteringChemistry®, this intelligent, data-informed revision reflects the unparalleled teaching expertise of its author team. Each chapter has been updated and streamlined to remove any content not proven to increase student comprehension of the fundamental concepts of chemistry. Joined in this edition by new co-author Patrick Woodward, the book’s impeccable authorship gains a fresh, new perspective yet maintains its unified, consistent voice.
MasteringChemistry™—New Online Learning and Assessment Platform
For the first time ever, six-year access to MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText is provided free upon adoption of the NASTA-bound Student Edition. This Web-based, self-study homework and tutorial system is correlated to the text, offering teachers and students a powerful, interactive way to encourage and ensure learning. It provides all the great student and teacher digital assets you are used to accessing on the Brown/LeMay Chemistry: The Central Science Companion Web Site, and so much more. Use as much or as little as you want!
- The Study Area in MasteringChemistry functions similar to the companion Web site for previous editions of the book. It includes animations, interactive activities, practice tests and cumulative tests, and a much more.
- A complete eText with powerful interactive and customization functions.
- Personalized coaching and feedback through assignable, self-paced tutorials with answer-specific feedback and hints.
- Library of exercises calibrated in difficulty and duration.
- Robust gradebook functionality provides easy-to-interpret insights into student performance—ideal for demonstrating assessment outcomes.
For more information on this powerful tool, visit www.MasteringChemistry.com or contact your Pearson sales representative.